Tuesday 4 June 2013

June 4th – 440,918.

This morning has been exceptionally productive, and given the plans for this afternoon, that’s a very good thing indeed.

Not only did I manage 2,897 words in not long over 80 minutes, for once in a sig le sitting, but I also managed to produce (from scratch using the e-book covers as models) the print covers for two books and send them to the authors for approval. Then just to cap it all I worked my way through the torturous labyrinthine processes at several web sites in order to reduce the price on two of our books.

And did I happen to mention – I also baked four loaves of bread (albeit small ones), again from scratch.

Why was I so busy?

Well, the simple answer is I’m out this afternoon, giving a talk to a writing group, and taking along two boxes of books to sell. Nobody at this group has heard my talk on “Finding the stories in the cracks between the paving slabs of history” before, so I’ll be using that one again, giving it another airing.

So, wish me luck, or in theatre parlance, tell me to break a leg – hopefully someone else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment