Wednesday 26 June 2013

June 26th – 510,680.

The sun is shining, and all is well with the world. I wish, unfortunately, as ever, only the first part of that statement is true.

My wife and I are both utterly exhausted this morning, after having our grandchildren for nearly six hours yesterday while their mother went for her annual oncology check-up in Birmingham. Everything from that was good, but looking after a 4year old and a 2year old is an exhausting experience.

I did however, prove I’ve still got the touch – the little one was getting a bit awkward, and kept going where she was told she shouldn’t – something she rarely does. In the end, I picked her up and made her sit on my lap until she behaved, not using the naughty step technique, but something similar. Ten minutes later she was quiet and we checked – yep, she’d fallen asleep. Papa still has the magic touch!

Five minutes later the elder one cuddled into mama’s side and fell asleep too, so when their parents came to pick them up they were both fast off. As I said, you can still have the touch, even if it’s more than 20 years since our own were that young.

Anyway, today was been another good writing day and as you can see I’ve passed the 510k mark, hitting 3241 words and taking this piece past the 25k mark.

Time to work on a couple of draft covers and get some admin done, no rest as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment