Friday 21 June 2013

June 21st – Through the 490k barrier.

Today, I had to pick up another piece, having sent the one I completed yesterday for a full critique to determine the direction it should take. Three days ago I’d quickly written around 3k on a new concept, and so that was the one I picked up to develop. Just before a slightly late lunch I hit 3,130 words for the day, and that nicely pushed me past the 490k point to hit 491,175 words for the year so far.

I can almost taste it now, the half-mill is within reach, 2 but more probably 3 days away.

Woo-hoo!

I’m close to that half-way point and I’m going to hit it with about a week to spare, and having got the main family holiday out of the way already in the first half of the year, it should be a downhill race from here on.

My biggest concern when I started this, was whether I would have enough ideas to write about. The simple answer is, I now have more unfinished manuscripts, or simple notes, or even unwritten ideas than I started with. Hell, if I keep this up, I’ll be starting a new blog next year, talking about beating this year’s target! And quite possibly 2015 after that, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment