Tuesday 11 June 2013

June 11th – 456,901.

It’s been a difficult day for writing today. Not for any external reason but the issue has been the severe head cold that set in last night. I feel like I’m writing in, and for that matter on, cotton wool and that is not conducive to good writing. I’ve made several starts and then given up, before stopping what I was doing and starting something brand new in the hope it would spark things off for me.
At least I’ve now ended up with 3,053 words on this new piece, effectively setting the scene, although I hate actually doing that, or reading books that start off that way. As an editor I tend to want to delete those scenes, but I needed to nail it down. I’ve not written a courtroom drama before so this is a radical departure. Now I need to bone up on a lot of different laws and issues, some of them going back to the 1940’s, so I might not get a lot done on this piece for a while, but I think the story has got legs.

That’s all for today – I’m going to go and pretend it’s man flu, and lie down. Talk to you all tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment