Monday, 17 June 2013

June 17th – 476,798.

I did as I said I suspected I would and sat down today with a blank document to get a scene, or as it turned out, two scenes and a cut scene, written for the new idea that’s been steaming away in the back of my head for the last couple of days.

This idea has got legs, as they say, because I’ve been able to quickly dash off 3,183 words without even stopping for breath. In fact I managed the last 2,000 words in a little over 20 minutes, so that’s a good indication that the story has gripped me and is ready to roll.

Taking a breather from my existing work in progress is no bad thing either. The style of this piece is changing a little and although it was targeted at one pen name, its style is different, and I’m thinking this might be the time to break out another new name. There again the overhead of setting up another persona on line isn’t something I was looking to do. If I do decide to go that route, then I’ll have a problem with one scene about a third of the way through the book, which will need rewriting, to remove a secondary character’s influence on the story, but other than that it’s morphing in an unexpected direction. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment