I didn’t sleep well last night at all, but there was a bonus – before breakfast this morning I’d written down a 650 words characterised synopsis of a brand new trilogy, that I think has got legs. In fact I had to restrain myself from just hitting it and running with it, bouncing the synopsis off my writing and publishing partner instead, and getting over 2,600 words written on my main work in progress, taking me to 3,314 words overall. Perhaps a little slower than I’ve been accustoming myself too, but still, words written are words written and I’ve slid past the 730k mark with possibly a week to go till I reach the ¾ point on the challenge.
The other big news on the writing front was I finished it. Yes, that’s right, the big edit I had to do after finishing the first draft of my previous manuscript. I’ve been all the way through it with a fine toothcomb changing it from third person to first and correcting a number of other issues along the way – including a character who changed names between scenes! I guess it’s time to let that one sit in a drawer for a while to enable me to go through it again with fresh eyes. I’m a little too close to the heroine’s struggle right now.