Monday 26 August 2013

August 26th – 721,823

I’ve managed to rekindle my love for this work in progress, switching the previous, current and next few chapters to her viewpoint instead of his has reinvigorated her character and she is now the one in control of the story rather than him.

There is, however, a shock in store for her later on in the book, the real black moment of the story, and I’m wondering how that is going to pan out, because I could craft quite a happy ending for this story without them staying together. That might be a little different, of course, and just maybe set off a sequel as one of them tries to win the other back. Interesting story dynamics that way, rather than the conventional feel good ending. We’ll see – I guess it depends what my characters want, which at the moment is fairly obvious, if you get my drift.

Anyway, by eleven thirty I’ve finished 3,237 words, broken through the 720k barrier and continuing.

My big self-inflicted edit continues apace as well, I’ve now reach page 106 out of 200, so I’m just past the half-way point. The next couple of days are going to be quite heavy though – this section of the book is quite action dependant so rather narrative driven rather than full of dialogue, so there’ more to check and change. Still, as I said, I’m past the half-way point so it should get easier from here on in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment