Sunday 11 August 2013

August 11th – 671,739

Today didn’t start off well when, during breakfast my glasses fell to pieces. The tiny screw that held the left lens in place fell out, bounced on the carpet and disappeared from view. After twenty minutes of fruitless searching we still didn’t find it. Why they design spectacles with frames that are screwed from underneath rather than on top, God only knows, surely it’s an obvious design point for one of our biggest chains of opticians, but apparently not. At least, though, they were open today and they replaced the screw and I was back out of the shop, with the repair done free of charge, within minutes of my arrival there.

Luckily I had another driver available to take me there, because I certainly can’t drive in my spare pair.

That kinda wrote off a large chunk of the morning, as I had a lot of other things to do once I’d got ability to see straight back, so I’ve only just wrapped up my writing for the day, hitting 3,329 words and completing the film set sequence of the book. I have to say I’m really satisfied with this multi-chapter scene, we’ll have to see how it survives edits though. Earlier in the week I explained how complex it was, well it might have been complex, but boy was it fun to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment