Saturday 3 August 2013

3rd August – 643,034

We moan a lot about the weather forecast never being right, but today they were. Our local TV forecast at lunchtime said we’d have brief showers starting around three o’clock this afternoon. At five minutes to three it started raining, for about four minutes – so at a  guess I'd say that was a pretty accurate forecast.

Since we the forecast was for rain later as soon as we finished lunch, I retrieved the lawn mower from its near retirement (as I’ve said before I hate gardening, especially mowing the lawn) and quickly whizzed round to get it done before the rain. Consequently I’ve only just finished my writing for the day – 3,524 words, I was a couple of hundred short of target before lunch, and I’m afraid I can’t sit down at a keyboard and just write that few, so I overshot by a margin.

At least there don’t seem to be any side effects from the new meds – although I haven’t yet seen an increase in appetite. Still, it’s early days, and it’ll take a while before the others leach completely out of my system. We’ll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment