Wednesday 31 July 2013

July 31st – 633,266

Several hours of steady rain this morning, and the fact the skies are very grey and overcast has, literally, dampened everybody’s enthusiasm for doing anything. As a consequence, I’ve gone back on what I said yesterday, and hit my 3,088 words before lunchtime rather than have them drag out into mid-afternoon.

So here I now sit, only just shy of 2/3 of the way to my target, and only 7 months into the year. By simple arithmetic that puts me almost exactly one month ahead of schedule (since I shouldn’t, in theory be at this point until the end of August).

That generates a nice warm feeling, and since I’ve somehow managed to get more sleep last night, I’m feeling better than I did.

Now to get on with something else entirely, ah well, no rest, or whatever…

Mind you, thanks to a very successful prank pulled by my son last night, I am going to have to spend a lot of time plotting and then executing the perfect revenge. Are you listening, Russell…? I suspect you’re going to become a minor character in my next book, and I’m going to have to devise a terrible fate for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment