Wednesday 24 July 2013

July 24th – 610,335.

Wow, we had some heavy thunderstorms in the last 36 hours. Far heavier than we’re used to in this part of the world. At times you could almost read by the illumination of the lightning, it was that continuous. Still, at least it’s calmed down a bit now, and we’re left with humid sunshine.

The garden went from parched to drenched in that period too – so now doubt we’re going to end up with weeds growing at a rate of knots too, so I guess I’ll have to brave the heat and get out there, maybe, tomorrow.

In the meantime my writing today has been a patchy rather than continuous – mainly due to finishing the current work in progress with only 1,356 words. I’d realised the story was reaching its climactic ending, but I guess it took me by surprise. That’s probably because it’s been left at a bit of a cliff hanger, ideal for a sequel.

As a result I needed to pick up another piece to work on, but after some 490 words on that I realised I was starting to feel like the story was running out of steam – a sure fire indicator, I needed to put it back on the back-burner and pick something else up. That turned out to be the right decision, hitting 1,659 words on a third piece, and taking my word count to a very comfortable 3,505 for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment