Thursday 2 May 2013

May 2nd – 387,207.

Today has been one of those days, and despite my good intentions my writing time has been completely derailed, and then has grown more and more disorganised as the day has gone on.

It started out with a weird problem with my laptop, when my internet connection was fine but I couldn’t get into any web site at all – in either IE or Chrome, both of which I run. There were answers out there on the web, but that meant digging out the old laptop and firing it up. Several failed attempts latter I finally found out how to fix a damaged websock, and a completely corrupted TCP/IP stack. For those techies out there, you know what I mean, and probably how I fixed it. For the rest of you, I suspect, like me, you don’t really want to know any more than that, I know I don’t.

In the process I have had to restore all my browser add-ins so nothing freaking worked properly for a couple of hours. That’s enough time to have put in my writing stint, or at least the bulk of it.

Several false starts, interruptions and family “crises” later, I have managed to put in the last stint and finish with a respectable 3,050 words for the day. Something like six hours later than planned. Ah well, at least there’s snooker on the telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment