It started out with a weird problem with my laptop, when my internet connection was fine but I couldn’t get into any web site at all – in either IE or Chrome, both of which I run. There were answers out there on the web, but that meant digging out the old laptop and firing it up. Several failed attempts latter I finally found out how to fix a damaged websock, and a completely corrupted TCP/IP stack. For those techies out there, you know what I mean, and probably how I fixed it. For the rest of you, I suspect, like me, you don’t really want to know any more than that, I know I don’t.
In the process I have had to restore all my browser add-ins so nothing freaking worked properly for a couple of hours. That’s enough time to have put in my writing stint, or at least the bulk of it.
Several false starts, interruptions and family “crises” later, I have managed to put in the last stint and finish with a respectable 3,050 words for the day. Something like six hours later than planned. Ah well, at least there’s snooker on the telly.