Friday 26 April 2013

April 26th – 368,050

Well I put some extra writing time in today, in order to complete the manuscript I was working on. 4,569 words done and this one is, as they say, in the can. That leaves me with a problem for tomorrow – which one do I pick up and start properly. I’ve had three great story ideas during the time I’ve spent writing this one, and in each case written down the opening scene, or two, so I have a starting point. Ah, decisions… decisions.

In non-writing terms, today has not been such a good day. The blasted car broke down on me this morning, the left front suspension spring snapping and I heard it rubbing against the tyre so stopped to take a look. I managed to nurse it up the road to my mechanic who can fix the spring today, and that’ll cost, but I’m more concerned it the tyre is damaged. That will be a lot more expensive than replacing the spring will be.

Still at least it happened with only me in the car, not when I was transporting Marion anywhere, although this increases the likelihood of us having to remain housebound over the weekend, which as you might expect upset my fast recovering wife almost as much as the prospect of a hefty bill on the car.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment