Sunday 21 April 2013

April 21st – 348,947.

For a while this morning I entertained the idea of keeping going, and breaking through the 350k mark, but in the end decided I’d reached a good place to stop. The end of the climactic scene of the book and I now need to work on reaching a satisfactory conclusion to this as a standalone story, and at the same time set it up nicely for the hooks for the third book in the trilogy.

I’ve got around about 10k of words to play with length wise and I think I’m going to have to do some plot rearranging in order to achieve both aims. I’d got three more scenes mapped out in my head, and two of them are long ones that would span more than one chapter. Fitting those into here as well as the scene that provides the hooks isn’t going to be easy, nor is it going to fit into that word count.

Still, 3,566 words today, finishing at lunchtime is a good count and a good one to put in the bank. Now it’s time to turn to other things and get my head around far more cerebral challenges.

All good fun, of course.

Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment