Tuesday 8 January 2013

January 8th. – Total so far, 22,034 words.


Yeah, did it! I managed 2,881 words today so that means I have officially caught up to, and passed my metronomic target. I am actually ahead of it for the very first time.

Today was quite fraught as I tried to sort out a bank issue for my father which came about due to a mistake by my son, and I’m piggy in the middle when it comes to recriminations! Still the woman behind the counter was the equivalent to a Claridges trained waiter when it came to professional sweetness and light, so thanks to her and the bank that trained her. All sorted.

The rest of the day just got bittier and bittier after that so actually hitting that number of words was a bonus for me.

Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for writing, and it’s going to be bookended by my two least favourite tortures. First thing in the morning I’m off to physiotherapy for my shoulder, so here’s hoping that goes well, and in the evening my least favourite torture of all – speaking in public at the launch of my 2013 tour talk.

“Finding the compelling stories in the cracks between the paving slabs of history” sounded like a great sound bite, but is now officially the longest “lecture” title in the history of the Nottingham Writer’s Studio.

Anyway, come one, come all, everyone welcome, details on the Nottingham Writers Studio web site, and I’m only doing a soft sell of my books, not a hard sell. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment