Saturday 26 January 2013

January 26th - 78,839 words.

I’ve reluctantly had to stop today, despite being some 400 words short of the daily target. Having written 2,304 words I’ve reached the point where I’ve finished the scene. The next scene is the final climactic scene for the entire book, which now looks like topping out at 75,000 or more which is a good length for this kind of romance story.

I need to write the climax of the book in one go, it’s a difficult one to juggle, getting the reconciliation between husband and wife right, after such trauma in their relationship, is going to be difficult, let alone trying to do it in pieces.

Overnight it’s snowed, as forecast, with another four or five inches coming down. Surprisingly the paperboy’s been out in this, and although an hour late, delivered our paper this morning. All kudos to him for doing it, I’m not sure I would have wanted to do a paper-round in these conditions – ah - the resilience of youth! I don’t think very many of my neighbours are out and about in this either. However, there are signs it’s starting to thaw already, with bright sunshine in a cloudless day. If only we lived at the top of a steeper hill, and I was a skier. Since neither is the case, I see this as being another day in, instead.

Ah well, cake baking anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Just realisedI fogot to post yesterday's writing number. I hit 2,972 words - but was busy quite a lot of the day - which is why I didn't remember to post I guess.

    ReplyDelete