Wednesday 23 January 2013

January 23rd – Another milestone – passed 70,000 words.

Despite the torture of seeing the physio this morning and the ache in my shoulder from the exercises she put me through, I’ve been able to sit at the screen and write today. 3,494 words to be precise, taking me, as the title suggests, through 70,000 words. In fact, 70,636 words to be precise.

Other than the physio diagnosing my problem is probably coming more from the neck than the arm and shoulder, she still worked me hard in the shoulder area. They don’t want to add another layer of painkillers to deal with the pins and needles, but at least the existing meds keep the real pain at bay, and allow me to function.

The changes to posture have had an effect; my back is a lot better, so all things considered we’re making progress – of a sort. I just have to try avoiding any movements that result in muscular compression on the right side neck and shoulder, all the exercises I’ve been given are to open not close them. That’ll be fun.

Duty now calls to other things, but hey’ I’m close to being 3 days ahead of the rolling target, so I’m feeling good. This book though is starting to overrun on word count, but that might be an issue at the edit stage rather than something to worry about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment