Tuesday 15 January 2013

January 15th – 45,866 words to date.


Today has been one touch emotional rollercoaster of a day so I’m very pleased to have managed to write my quota for the day. I hit 2,857 words today and I’m calling it quits.
This afternoon, despite the snow making movement difficult I took Marion to her retinopathy call back appointment at the hospital. We’ve been sweating this one for four weeks, as I know from long familial history how serious diabetic damage to the eyes can be. Apparently Marion’s screening photos had been different colours and assuming there was no technical fault with the camera, there were only two reasons they could reasonably expect for the difference – glaucoma or diabetic damage.

Luckily for the Bowman family, there’s a third rarer one. Marion’s optic nerve in her left eye was damaged by surgery following her stroke, fifteen years ago, and that was the reason. No glaucoma, no diabetic damage. No further action required.

So heart in mouth as I went into that appointment with her, became a huge sense of relief.  The chemicals of that relief are still flowing through my system, so it’s time for a beer and a chance to relax while she watches her favourite programmes on the box. Both of us relaxing in our own, different, way.

No comments:

Post a Comment