Monday 28 January 2013

January 28th – 85,992 words so far.

Well I’ve had one very busy day, and the evening isn’t going to be any less busy. This morning was taken up with household stuff – i.e. life interrupting art once more, so I only settled down to write this afternoon. 3,328 words later I’ve pulled the plug on the word processor to get stuck into the book cover work I need to get on with.

My partner sent me the final approved book blocks for three different books overnight, so I have to get three wraparound cover designs finalised and off to the authors for approval before uploading to the printers. We can’t do this stage until we’ve got the final edits back on the books themselves – print cover art, as opposed to e-book cover art, is dependent on page count in order to calculate spine width.

All good fun.

I knew today would be difficult. Yesterday I finished the first draft of one project so I would be starting another one today. In fact, as of lunch time I hadn’t even reached a decision as to which one I’d pick up. To make that decision I picked up half-a-down plans and starts I’d made and read though until one of them was kind enough to jump out and kick me in the rear yelling “write me”, “write me”. Who am I to refuse my muse when she’s in that kind of mood?

My next textbook arrived today, so I might even get some studying done as well, here’s hoping anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment