Monday 14 January 2013

January 14th – Total now 43,009 words.

Well, it snowed overnight, and then started again about nine thirty and snowed into the early afternoon. Unfortunately I had to go out this morning, and of course when it snows everything, and I do mean everything seems to take longer. Despite my protestations to the teller about the weather she proceeded to try and sell me every product the bank carries, from house insurance to a new kind of bank account. I wasn’t interested, just wanted to get back to the car before it was covered by the snow, but she wasn’t having it. The supermarket wasn’t much better, and what should have been an hour stretched to well over two, what with the slow speed of the traffic and everything.

That blew the morning, and the afternoon was consumed by two jobs I needed to do for the publishing business, including getting the files for printing finished, checked and uploaded to the printer for a new release for one of our authors.

Together with several other issues that took time, for the first time this month, it’s gone 10pm and I’ve only just finished writing.

So, I forced myself over the target, forced in time terms, not creativity wise, given the time I’d keep going for hours at the moment. All in all, 2783 words, just over the wire. I know I’ve got some slack but no need to use it till I have to, is there?

Here’s hoping tomorrow, another busy day, doesn’t bring any more snow. We’re just not acculturated to dealing with it over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment