Friday 4 October 2013

October 4th – 847,762

I had to get up early this morning because the builders were coming to look at three windows where the double glazing seals have broken down giving rise to condensation problems. There was a message on my phone telling me they were going to be late due to another job they had to finish – meaning I’d got up early to clear everything out of their way, and now I found I could have spent longer in bed.

Given the weather I don’t think they’ll actually manage much today – certain jobs shouldn’t be attempted in the rain!

Clearing stuff out of their way didn’t take as long as I thought so I ended up with a good three hours writing time this morning I hadn’t anticipated. End result, I’ve even exceeded the last couple of weeks totals, hitting 5,083 words this morning, and I should now pass the 850k mark tomorrow -  bearing in mind I only passed the 800k mark early last week.

This story is a proverbial monster, it just keeps going. Already I’m thinking about how I break it down into pieces.  What was it Hannibal used to say in the A Team (that showed my age, didn’t it) – “I love it when a story comes together” – well my version fits my situation better, so I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment