Thursday 28 March 2013

March 28th – 273,216.

Does having your hair cut and then needing to go shopping for the holiday weekend count as good reasons for not getting a lot of writing done in the morning, or are they just excuses? I did manage about 800 words first thing, but had to wait till after lunch to hit 3,002 words for the day.

This plot is now well into its climactic act, and I think I may well finish off the first draft tomorrow. At 52k it’d be a little shorter than intended, but there’s no doubt in my mind there is enough spare material to make a second book. This book comes to a definite climax at this point and I don’t want to string it out and a second book really will be a separate sequel, so it makes sense to round off this book now.

I’m not entirely sure, maybe there should be a chapter after the climax, or maybe I put that in as the beginning of the second book, but include it as the epilogue to this one. In any case there is one scene, actually the second half of the first chapter that needs expanding so I’ll be doing that once I’ve got the climax down pat.

I’ve loved writing this one, it’s been so different from my normal output, so I’ll be kind of sad to put it down. However the book I finished just before this one is calling me so strongly, I’m thinking the sequel to that will be the next piece I write. Since book one there is 78k the sequel is going to have to be the same kind of length to match it.

Ah well, no rest as they say, no rest for plotters, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment