Friday 15 March 2013

March 15th – 232,227 words.


 

Since I’m carless this morning as the navy blue beastie is having its brakes checked, I’ve had the time between taking the car in, and going to the dentist, at lunchtime, as writing time. I was also up a half-an-hour early this morning meaning I’d managed some quality writing time before breakfast too. All in all it’s only just gone eleven and I’ve hit my target for the day. This story is definitely developing nicely, even if I do say so myself. 3,247 words today.

Well, it’s now well gone 1pm and we’re home again. Marion got away without needing another appointment or fillings, but I got hit with needing two fillings, so I’ve got to go back in a fortnight or so. Not unexpected, I’d found the cavities with my tongue as well as seeing them in the mirror when I brush, but I hate those damn drills!

The car though is even better news. The problem with the brakes was nothing more than a stuck calliper and they fixed it and seeing as he’s a good guy, he didn’t charge me. Which was wonderful, no more squealing brakes and no more sluggish acceleration, the car feels hugely better.

Now I’ve managed to get the life chores out of the way, except for preparing and cooking dinner, I’ve got the writing squared away too, so I’ve got the afternoon to get everything ready for the show tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment