Monday 18 February 2013

February 18th – 154,184 words.

Not been having a good day today, to be honest. My eye is playing up. Not sure what’s wrong with it but the skin under my right eye is red and sore, and since I was going to the opticians anyway to collect my new sunglasses (that’s a joke in this country of course, after the last summer!) I got him to confirm it wasn’t a problem with the eye itself.

It isn’t, thankfully, but if it persists it’s another reason to visit the doctor. Honestly, I sometimes think my body is committing premature aging on me! Giving out a little at a time.

Still, I pushed myself to crawl over the line, hitting 2,762 words and getting into chapter five of this w.i.p. which is good going. Now I need to stretch the heroine out, and make her really work hard to get the most out of the next couple of scenes. To be honest she’s turning out to be too wimpy, and she needs a bit of backbone.

That of course means I need to throw something at her, what my American friends would call a curve ball, but I never really did understand baseball – the ball is round anyway, so how can it be curved? – Before you jump, I’m only joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment